WACCBIP 2nd Bioethics Workshop-Mali
Announcement for 2nd WACCBIP-DELTAS Bioethics Workshop
As part of the Wellcome Trust/AESA DELTAS programme, the West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCBIP) will hold the 2nd in the series of the Bioethics workshops on responsible research conduct designed for postdoctoral fellows and institutional IRB coordinators. This year’s workshop will be held at the MRTC, University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies, Bamako, Mali from November 27 to December 01, 2017.
The workshop will be facilitated by Prof. Mahamadou Diakite, Professor of Immunogenetics at the University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies of Bamako, Mali, Dr. Paulina Tindana, a Bioethicist from the Navrongo Health Research Centre (NHRC), and Dr. Angeliki Kerasidou, a researcher in Global Health Ethics and the Ethics Coordinator for the Malaria Genomics Epidemiology Network (MalariaGEN) at the Ethox Centre, Oxford University.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Introduction to Pathogens
- Introduction to Research Ethics
- Ethical issues in Genomic Research
- Informed consent in genomic studies
- Community Engagement
- Research Ethics review: principles and practice
- Export and Shipping Requirement
- Data sharing: Guidelines and governance models
- Sample sharing:Policies and practices
- Feedback of findings and managing incidental findings
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Publication ethics (Research Integrity and Conflict of Interest
The workshop is open to DELTAS fellows and IRB coordinators from institutions hosting DELTAS programmes.
For more information , please send an email to: email@example.com