DELTAS Postdoctoral fellowships
The WACCBIP-Wellcome Trust DELTAS programme is seeking young African scientists to work as postdoctoral fellows in an environment that promotes the development of leadership skills and networking with other scientists in Africa. As a new Centre of excellence for biomedical research, WACCBIP will generate tremendous research activities through the various graduate training programmes. The Centre and its partners will therefore, provide a well-resourced research environment to promote the research careers of newly graduated PhDs. WACCBIP is co-hosted by the Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCMB) and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, and has several regional and international partner institutions.
To apply for this fellowship, you must:
- Be an African who received his/her PhD degree within the last three years and interested in developing a research career in the biosciences in Africa.
- Develop a comprehensive postdoctoral research proposal that can be completed within 2-3years.
- Be highly motivated individual interested in developing novel research directions.
- Work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics.
- Be interested in working on one of the following priority disease areas and research themes:
Priority Research Areas
- Pathogen genomics/ Bioinformatics
The successful fellows will be based at the University of Ghana, but with access to resources and facilities from all our partner institutions.
The successful postdoctoral fellow will be expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Conduct high quality research leading to the publication of at least 2 papers
- Contribute to the training of graduate students
- Compete for external funding to pursue new research projects
- Contribute to research capacity building at their host research laboratories
The successful postdoctoral fellow will be supported with up to $150,000 to cover:
- A monthly salary
- Research supplies and reagents
- Conference grant
- Other related costs
Please download application forms at http://waccbip.ug.edu.gh/.
Interested applicants may send their complete application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th November 2016